Re: [ga] Voice of the Public

Danny and all stakeholders or interested parties,

  Again Danny as you should know Affilias like many

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote: of the ICANN BoD "Accredited" Registrars
and now Registries, engage in very questionable practices as has been
reported
over and over again to the ICANN BoD and staff along with the DOC/NTIA
without adequate action taken.  As a employee of Register.com you should

know this all to well!  Affialias which is one of the old CORE see
Cornic.com is one of the want to be registries in the IAHC/GTLD-MoU
days which was an effort that the DOC finally had to put the stops to
because of it's questionable statements and business practices.  It
seems
that again they up to the same old game, with just a different name
behind
them.

>    he recently posted agenda for the 9 September Public Forum in
> Montevideo
> includes the topic "
> Issues and process for evaluation of new TLDs".
>
> You may wish to take note of this comment posted to ICANN's off-topic
> forum
> that raises some legitimate concerns:
>
> "Greetings ICANN Community,
>
> Following is the text of a news story I have written and attempted to
> publish
> in the news media, but because Afilias has shut down their WHOIS
> service, the
> facts cannot be verified at this time by the news publishers.  Story
> follows:
>
> The much anticipated launch of ".INFO", the first of seven new
> ICANN-approved
> gTLDs to augment the availability of ".com" and ".net" domain names,
> got
> underway on August 1st when Afilias (http://www.afilias.info) , the
> registrar
> awarded management of the .info gTLD, began its "Sunrise" advance
> registration for trademark-holders worldwide.  The first round Sunrise
>
> registrations were awarded by lottery among customer entries submitted
>
> earlier through dozens of retail domain registrars, and the results
> were
> posted late yesterday on the Afilias website (http://www.afilias.info)
>
> through their WHOIS lookup.
>
> But the .info launch is permeated with fraudulent registrations by
> trademark
> imposters, and despite Afilias' preparations for the launch, no steps
> have
> been taken to prevent trademark fraud by Sunrise registrants.
> According to
> registration requirements posted on both the Afilias website
> (http://www.afilias.info/faq/ip-owners.html) and the ICANN website
> (http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/info/registry-agmt-appj-11ma
> 01.htm)
> each Sunrise registration must be for a domain name exactly matching
> the
> trademark name, registered in the national trademark registry of a
> recognized
> country, registered before October 2, 2000.  But the Sunrise
> registrations
> for such notable domain names as "china.info", "japan.info",
> "australia.info", "cruises.info", "rice.info" and "taxes.info"
> indicate
> trademark names having no similarity to the domain name, and in one
> case the
> trademark is simply "unknown".
>
> Domain names such as "lasvegas.info" were registered with trademark
> numbers
> that simply do not exist in the U.S. Trademark online database,
> strongly
> indicating their questionable authenticity. Patrick Nobriga registered
> the
> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827