Re: [ga] Alexander Svensson

Eric and all assembly members,

  Yes this old hat for the DNSO Secretariat and Roberto going back
more than a year now.  I thank you for providing the historical
archived references as a reminder to those of us members that
are truly interested in a transparent and responsible DNSO GA
and ICANN.  However, as you know, or are learning the past
Watchdogs ( blind as a bat ) have had a specific agenda.  The
new ones with possibly one exception are nearly as bad, and
not even democratically elected by this assembly as well...

  I seems that SELECTIVE CENSORSHIP is alive and well
in ICANN Land still!  :(

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Don't you think that matters concerning the watchdog committee belong on the
> GA list?
>
> Don't you think that if the DoC signs contracts with ICANN that Congresses
> business is related?
>
> Don't you think the SeaLand business is UN oriented? And that the list is
> obscure?
>
> Openness and transparency are the watchwords of the day and how the Watchdogs
> were chosen is not open and transparent and your whole business with SeaLand
> is objectionable, you disqualified someone on your own without GA input.
>
> Let us make our position very clear; you and you alone banned me and three
> other fine men from the Ga list.  That whole business sticks in my
> conscience.  Now you write me off the list and do not even label it private.
> Now I have proof positive that you and your cadre are silencing more voices
> without open and transparent methods.  You and your watchdogs are fighting
> freedom of speech in a very nasty way.
>
> http://www.dnso.org/elections/2001.DNSO-ICANN-nomination-proc.html
>
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-watchdog/Arc00/msg00016.html
>
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-watchdog/Arc00/msg00051.html
>
> Is this a private place for Roberto to make sure his votes are counted and to
> deny a gentleman from being elected because he is from SeaLand?
>
> You guys are really looking like the old Soviet Empire.
>
> Alexander Svensson wrote:
>
> > Hello Eric,
> >
> > first of all, the Watchdog Committee does not have anything
> > to do with ICP-3 or statements by U.S. politicians.
> >
> > Secondly, the Watchdogs are only checking whether there is
> > fraud during nominations and elections within the DNSO.
> > E.g. people signing up with two names, people signing up
> > others who don't know about this etc.
> >
> > Thirdly, the Watchdog Committee mailing list archive is out
> > in the open, you can find it from the election web pages on
> > the DNSO site. There is nothing to hide.
> >
> > Fourthly, if you, after reviewing the archive, find anything
> > objectionable, please protest to the Chair or Alt.Chair. But
> > complain about a *specific* action, *don't* make general
> > unsubstantiated accusations like the one below. Thanks!
> >
> > > Come on this is nasty and a reflection of old boy networking.  There is
> > > no way these gentlemen reflect the GA as it stands today.  They are
> > > watchdogs all right of the old guard and that is what got us into this
> > > mess.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > /// Alexander

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827