Re: [ga] Second Advisory Concerning Equitable Allocation of SRS Resources

Upon a quick review of that announcement, my conclusion is that
the conduct described is indefensible.  Not all the "bad guys" reside
within Verizon and ICANN, if that description is accurate. What's
the saying about "getting your own house in order?" Since the
registrars have a constituency, perhaps an item for their agenda
might be the policing of that sort of thing, since such things do affect
registrants, "consumers" (a term that should never be applied in this
internet context), and individual domain name holders, i.e., GA
members.

Which is not to say that ICANN is clean.  Not including the GA
on its mailing list is equally indefensible.

Bill Lovell

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

Dear members,

Louis Touton has advised the Council of a new announcement (rather important):
http://www.icann.org/announcements/icann-pr10aug01.htm

It would be nice if ICANN staff chose to include the GA on their mailing list
as well... but I guess some things will never change.

--
Any terms above that are not familiar to the reader may
possibly be explained at: