Re: [ga] Another committee of cronies?

Kristy wrote:

>understanding.  The
>IETF has not been a technical standard setting body for a while now as we
>all are working with other groups who do require technical skill,
>knowledge, and understanding.

May I know which are the other more authoritative Internet standard setting
bodies that pop up every now and then on this list as alternative to the
IETF (and maybe an estimate of the share of the market that follows them
rather than the IETF as guidance for products and services)?
As a former employee of a telecom standard making body, I am just curious
about the answer. Personally, I suspect that on this list we lose track of
the dimension of the reality: a couple of dozen people should be
representative of all Individual Domain Name Holders, a posting with a
couple of "me too"s should be adopted by ICANN as a consensus policy
statement, a team somewhere that nobody else has heard about may become the
authoritative Internet standard setting body, the small percentage of users
of the alternate roots should have priority over the A-root, and so on.
Quite interesting, methinks.

Regards
Roberto