Re: [ga] Another committee of cronies?

Joop,

>Yes, the can represent, provided that they are elected by a real
>membership.
>But one has to start bottom-up and the large numbers can appear only after
>recognition of the constituency in principle.
>It is this dimension of reality that I am concerned with.

I think we agree in principle on the need for an individual constituency
(you may remember that I was one of the early supporters of this
constituency, when it was not "fashionable" yet).
The disagreement is only on the fact that I don't see the NC recognition as
a prerequisite *before* starting to work at a new charter and recruitment of
supporters.
IMHO, we should continue the discussion that started with some interesting
postings about "Registrants", and that unfortunately died out. There is
nothing better to support our request to NC (and later to ICANN) than a
sound proposal, even in a draft status.

>Please try to remember that you are elected yourself, ---by how many
>votes?--, to represent the GA on the Task Force.  You must try to represent
>the will of the GA and help the NC produce that recognition in principle.

And I believe that this is what I am doing, as a GA representative (if you
don't think this is true, please tell me why).
But this will not prevent me (as an individual) to warn against the belief
that recognition by the NC of the principle of an Individual/Registrant
constituency will solve all the problems.

The Constituency will not be given to us on a silver plate without hard work
from our part. In every negotiation failure to present continuously new
elements will inevitably bring to a stall.

Regards
Roberto