[ga] Jefsey and intellectual property.

(Change of subject because this really doesn't have anything to do
with .info any more.)

On 2001-08-15 18:39:48 +0200, Jefsey Morfin wrote:

>3. UDRP should be a tool to remove user confusion not to settle
>    disputes.

Maybe I'm a bit dumb - but it's still a dispute resolution policy,
that is, by definition, a tool to settle disputes, isn't it?

>4. Pragamatic and fair solutions should be favored, such as
>    calling on a randomly chosen wide user jury rather than on a
>    single panelist. The size of the Jury (250 more accounting for
>    the various languages and cultures).

How do you want to recruit the jurors?  This doesn't even look close
to being realistic or practicable.

>5. Realistic policy should be carried and TM protection should be
>    discussed with every TLD Manager, including those the ICANN has
>    not yet got the time to register.

Could you please be a bit more specific on what you are talking
about here?

(Oh, while we are on the topic of non-ICANN-TLDs - what's your
current opinion on .biz?  Which one should be put into the USG root,
again?)

>6. Bold attitude should be developped over the defense of
>    authoring rights preventing linking collisions over time: whan
>    an author creates a link to a site, he is entitled to expect -
>    and so are the readers too - that in clicking that link the
>    intended page will be displayed or absent. But not a page from
>    another site.

Define the "intended page" in the case of dynamic content.  Define
the "intended page" when it's changed by the original author in a
way those who set links didn't expect.  Are you suggesting that
ICANN re-designs the Web, or what?

>7. UDRP should be possible on an informational/portection basis. I
>    should be able to take an UDRP. If I am confirmed no one can
>    UDRP me.

I don't understand what this paragraph is supposed to say.  What
does to "take an UDRP" mean?

--
Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/