RE: [ga] ICANN | Advisory | 23 August 2001

At 04:19 26/08/01, Nilda Vany Martinez Grajales wrote:
>Roeland and all:
>
>I appreacite that Kent has remember to all of us about this issue.
>I don't know about Kent, but I, from my home as many panamanians, many
>latinamericans, africans, asians, etc, from
>their homes use dialup lines with modems of 33.6K and 56K.  So, Kent has a
>point.

He is totally right on this point.
Those dialup lines are so often shared and subdivided that the real
bandwidth can drop to 9600 or less.
In Santiago and the Philippines downloading the list traffic could take 30
minutes sometimes.
Trimming messages is elementary courtesy towards those with bandwidth
constraints.

--Joop