Re: [ga] Towards Improved Representation in ICANN

Mike and all assembly members,

Mike Roberts wrote:

> At 23:01 -0400 8/27/01, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
> >Dear Mike,
>
> <snip>
>
> >What role do you see for the General Assembly in your six-SO model?
> >
> >Best regards,
> >Danny Younger
>
> The ALSC report makes a cogent case for the establishment of an ALSO
> based on individual domain name holders.

  Yes and a horrible mistake this is too!  :(

>  I think the high energy
> level of the GA could be used well in getting the ALSO off the ground
> and making it - especially its Council - a success.

  I think this is in part a good suggestion here Mike.  However
I don't think the Council (NC) is a good choice as being especially
helpful in this potential endeavor.  Rather the GA members themselves
are a much better choice!

> The report also says the committee thinks ways should be found to
> "jump start" the ALSO.  The GA has a nucleus of people who could
> contribute to that.

  Yes it does!

> - Mike

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827