Re: [ga] Personal poll: Domain name holder yes/no?

While I find your sentiment in the right place I conclude a different
reality.

Some of us were involved just a few short years ago in the massive suing
of  perceived cybersquatters.  I know of a least fifteen cases filed in
federal court where everyone under the sun was brought in as a defendant.
(admin contact, providers, registrars, registries, technical contacts
etc.,)  The company I work with still has clients from that period in the
latter part of the last century. To this day we hold their names in a sort
of trust.  With the advent of the screwy methods of dealing with expiry
over at Verisign we would be negligent to throw our clients to fend for
themselves in that environment.  We have recently lost two names through
transferring and it is what we do for a living.  If my son were to obtain a
domain name I would insist he leave it to a professional to manage. And
even then the disclaimer would be a mile long.

So now I think that if we find any member here other than my technically
incompetent self, without a domain name I will be surprised.  But that is
because the others are policy wise incompetent and do not realize their
domain name should be held in a manner more secure than personal ownership.

Sincerely, but somewhat tongue in cheek,
Eric