Re: [ga] Re: Joker.com filing "common law" .info claims

WXW and all assembly members,

William X Walsh wrote:

> Sunday, Sunday, September 02, 2001, 12:48:12 AM, PacificRoot Hostmaster wrote:
>
> > But of course hoarding domain names in the hopes of extorting money from
> > others who have a real need to develop content there is wrong, but being
>
> Yes, use it or lose it should apply in all parts of our lives then.  A
> neighbor has a great classic car, that he never drives.
>
> Therefore he shouldn't own it, since he is not using it the way the
> makers intended and is therefore depriving me of its use.

  This is a poor argument to support you conclusion  (See Below),
but your point is well taken none the less.

BTW, there are many different uses of/for classic cars....

> There is nothing wrong with purchasing domain names on a speculative
> basis, or anything else for that matter.

  Indeed right, there is nothing wrong with purchasing domain names
for the purposes.  Hoarding using the so called "Sun Rise" provisions
at the purposeful exclusion of others, is another matter entirely however.
Also not just "Anything" even in a free market system should be
available for speculation.  Examples: 1.) Weapons grade plutonium,
Controlled narcotic substances, conventional weapons of mass destruction,
or perhaps even, counterfeit notes/currency/Barer Bonds/credit cards...

> It drives the free market economy.

  To a great extent, it does, yes.  But only for most goods and services..
Not all.  (See above examples)...

> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>
> Userfriendly.com Domains
> The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net
> DNS Services from $1.65/mo

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827