Re: [ga] Status of the Review Task Force

At 05:09 29/08/01, Roberto Gaetano wrote:

>I think that this should be a central point in the next days,
>pre-Montevideo. What do GA members think? Does the idea of an ALSO
>obsolesce the request for an IDNH Constituency?

Roberto,

You question is a bit more than information-gathering on behalf of the NC
Task Force. You appear to argue  that it does make our (re)quest obsolete.
At least you state that the argument for DNSO representation will be more
difficult to make.
Mind you there was never anything wrong with the arguments. The problem was
that they were not welcome.

The arguments that it does NOT make our request obsolete (was that the
purpose of the ALSC draft?) are  compelling and are being made by Leah,
DPF, Roeland and others here.
We do not have an ALSO and even if it eventually comes about, what
influence will a bit of @large director election grandstanding  have on DN
policymaking?

I know some people are hoping the petition for an IC will just go away, but
as long as  the DNSO and its NC remains in existence and is not
"obsolesced" itself, the Individual DN holders' representatives should have
a place on it.

Their activity on the DNSO will be the accountability and the qualification
that @large members will seek in their elected directors.
Call it a proving ground.

--Joop