[ga] November 13 GA meeting

I am surprised at how passive you all are being
about the MdR agenda.

It is exceedingly interesting that those who know
the most about security (e.g., Rick Wesson) seem
to be least swayed by the demand to drop everything
else and focus on it at an ICANN meeting.

By all means, add it to the agenda. But we need
a full day of constituency meetings and another,
separate full day for GA and Names Council meetings.
Danny, I would ask you to rescind your request
for a November 12 GA meeting, because it would
conflict with the ability of ICANN participants to
attend and work in constituency meetings.

Let the Nov 13 GA meeting add some discussion
of security to its agenda. Probably a two hour
block will be sufficient.

Let me remind you all that under ICANN's structure,
the President of the Corporation does not have any
control over the agenda of Supporting Organizations.
The Board can ask the DNSO to make policy on things,
and it can pass or not pass policies given to it
by the DNSO, but there is simply no way that the
Board, let alone the President, can tell us when
we can meet and what we can discuss at our meetings.
The constituencies, the GA, and the Names Council
can all set their own agendas.

The only direct control by the President I can see
comes from the corporation's reservation and support
for the rooms. So let us, if necessary, raise the
required money to reserve our own rooms. But before
doing that, let's at least show that we have SOME
backbone and request of ICANN that it make room for
a GA meeting on the 13th.

--MM