RE: [ga] FW: Proposed Legislation Significantly Affecting Compute r Profess ion (46637)

  • To: ga@dnso.org
  • Subject: RE: [ga] FW: Proposed Legislation Significantly Affecting Compute r Profess ion (46637)
  • From: Jefsey Morfin <jefsey@wanadoo.fr>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 16:46:38 +0200
  • Sender: owner-ga-full@dnso.org

On 06:22 04/10/01, Roeland Meyer said:
> [...]

Who do you think the "Imperial Republic" is :-) ????
Neither the United States of Australia nor the Union Sud-Africaine ...   :-)
Cheers!

PS. You did not quote back the most important part of my mail. Happily all
of them misunderstand the Internet from the very beginning (they take it
for what they wanted, not for what was built). You cannot "take back" the
Internet. They Internet does not exist and never was theirs. It is like
Chinese "taking back" the Chinese language.

Again, the Internet is OUR consensus to interconnect OUR machines using the
TC/IP protocol set and the IP and domain naming plans. The management of
this consensus of OURS is OUR Internet governance, gathering those feeling
concerned (@large). We organize OUR governance to OUR OWN benefit through
OUR dedicated interest structures (constituencies, working groups,
associations etc... ) for OUR "netwide" concerns, and at individual level
for the representation of OUR individual, noncomm or business interests, in
relation with OUR national bodies (Gov, NICs, Dedicated Interest Groups
national chapters).

The place of the USG as the place of every other government and governance
center is well defined. Even if some are more equal han others, even in an
interconnect.This is the way the system is.

I fully accept the human nature loves curbing reality to its own fancies.
The is an obvious mission creep at dominance by the ICANN for various
motives. You are right the USG is sponsoring it as do the others (big
business, job protection, money). The impact can certainly be serious. For
the worst if the US society in general falls in the terrorists' trap, for
the better I feel otherwise.

If you look at the international situation since the 11th Sept, you will
notice that the USG has learned a lot. And if you look at History,
communication routes have mostly been open, built and enlarged by
militaries. I would certainly welcome NATO professionals to take over what
our ICANN amateurish crowd has failed. At least for a time. Rough,
entertaining, but globally positive.