From: "Tim Langdell" <tim@xtns.net>
To: <dannyyounger@cs.com>; <lynn@icann.org>
Cc: <ga@dnso.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 10:09 PM
Subject: Re: [ga] VeriSign/RealNames

Danny

I do not speak for either Realnames or VeriSign, but I feel compelled to
correct you on what you say. Realnames Keywords are not in any way in
potential or real conflict with ICANN approved domain names. Keywords are
either single words or more than word separate by spaces (not dots). These
are the Keywords that VeriSign and Realnames announced would be available
via the VeriSign network. There is thus no possibility of different answers
as you say, or variance based on choice of browser (other than for Realnames
Keywords, which is surely not a concern for you is it? Certainly not for
ICANN).

Last, Realnames Keywords do not "look like TLDs". Again, they lack dots in
them and instead have spaces or are single words.

Tim