[ga] A tale of one city/ multilingual and Multicultural

So one of my roommates tells me to take this Pho bowl next door as a
gift.  Our TV is on a Vietnamese/Chinese station with news of the
Indonesian riots.  I go next door and in Togalog I am offered to sit and
watch Philippine TV, - news of the memorial services.  I leave and some
Guatemalan kid tosses a rock at this Sudanese kid and hits my car.  OK,
so we all go over and as we talk about the little ruffians we are
watching Mexican coverage of a futball game.  Dang! Puebla is kicking
butt (my adopted city in Mex.) so we get sidetracked and the kids
escape.

The point is that somehow they cover all world events in many languages
and we are the most advanced in all those languages and cultures and
technology.  Certainly we can advance along those lines and
cross-culture communicate and reach consensus better.

Just a desire and request for more input from more members.  Of all the
attacks on this list I have never seen a newbie attacked and I have
never seen anyone attacked for difficulty in english.

May all water flow in a circle, from earth to clouds, from mountains to
the oceans and around again and may your circle flow in a manner that
touches the GA.  Our circle would be better for it.

Sincerely,
Eric