Re: [ga] Task Force appointees

Joanna and all assembly members,

  In part I find myself strongly in agreement with Joanna here.  However
WXW is right is saying that the Bankruptcy issue is really not all that
relevant.  But that is the limit of WXW's correctness.

  Joanna's need to "Snip" the many insults that WXW expressed towards
Joanna's very well articulated objection to WXW's suggested appointment
by Danny (Chair) in no way deserved WXW's insults.  On that basis
alone, WXW has yet again displayed he is unfit for such a position.
Why Danny has yet to learn this is beyond my comprehension.

  This whole situation as it is developing in "Appointing" or "Selecting"
individuals has yet again shown that such a practice is rarely a wise
thing to do.

Joanna Lane wrote:

> on 10/16/01 6:29 PM, William X Walsh at william@userfriendly.com wrote:
>
> >> I strongly object to the appointment of William Walsh in this position. He
> >> advocates only American Registrar views, vehemently objecting to any
> >> requests to consider the difficulties of non-US Registrars, and Registrants
> >> in general.
> >
> > My letter on this subject to ICANN had signatures from NUMEROUS
> > European and even Asian ISPs.
>
> The justification for your appointment was on the basis of a "passionate
> interest in Registrant rights". Your passionate interest is in US ISP
> rights. This is not a criticism, it's an observation.
> >
> <personal insult deleted>.
> >
> >> He sees no need to consider, let alone, comply with EU laws to
> >> which EU Registrars and Registrants are subject and he advocates that ICANN
> >> should refuse to do business with all foreign Registrars that will not
> >> comply with American ways of doing business.
> >
> > None of which has anything to do with the DOMAIN TRANSFER ISSUE.
>
> Demonstrates attitude. The role requires advocay of more than just US
> interests.
> >
> >> We need a person who will fight
> >> for removal of the bankrupcy clause from the Registrar transfer Agreement,
> >
> > No, we need someone who will focus on the REAL issue right now, which
> > has nothing to do with that clause.
>
> Incorrect. Part of the REAL problem is that this brand new autonack policy
> can be stalled in a heartbeat by invoking an unworkeable bankrupcy clause
> that serves NO purpose. How can the Gaining Registrar enforce the transfer
> of my domain after the Losing Registrar informs them that they haven't got
> the results of a bankrupcy search back? It is only possible to do a
> bankrupcy search within the US system and there is NO WAY that clause can be
> applied internationally. I want to see the autonack policy work,  but I do
> not support:-
>
> 1. racial discrimination
> 2. breaching an individual's legal rights
> 3. creating loopholes to perpetuate the very problem you seek to overcome in
> the first place.
>
> Whoever represents the GA on this TF should be willing to work with us on
> this one. There is a REAL difference between what is important to Registrars
> and what is important to Registrars. They have a constituency to air their
> views. We do not.
> >
> <more personal insults deleted>
>
> Regards,
> Joanna

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827