[ga] ICANN funds free lunch for the press

  • To: ga ml <ga@dnso.org>
  • Subject: [ga] ICANN funds free lunch for the press
  • From: Joanna Lane <jo-uk@rcn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 19:51:02 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga-full@dnso.org

Wednesday October 24, 3:09 pm Eastern Time

Press Release

SOURCE: ICANN

ADVISORY/ICANN Open House for Reporters on
Nov. 11

ICANN's Open House for Reporters

   WHERE:
   ICANN's Office -- 4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330, Marina del Rey,
   CA 90292

WHEN:

November 11th (Sunday)

9:30am to 6pm

   WHO:
   Invited and pre-registered reporters only

HOW to Register:

Contact Mary Hewitt (hewitt@icann.org) to RSVP and to
  (optionally) schedule an interview with Stuart Lynn. (Mary's

direct line: 310/301-5801)

   DETAILS:
   The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is
   having an open house for California technology reporters at ICANN's
   offices on Sunday, November 11. (That's the day before ICANN's
   November meetings begin (13th - 15th.)

We're inviting reporters to visit us here in our ``domain.'' You'll

be able to check out our ``headquarters'' and meet informally (on

background) with ICANN's staff and management.

   There will also be an (optional) session with some of our
   technical experts where you can get answers to your questions about
   how the Internet really works. Also, you can set an appointment for
   one-on-one interview (on the record) with ICANN's President & CEO M.
   Stuart Lynn.

We'll be open all day, from 9:30 am to 6 pm. If you're around at

lunchtime, you can grab a bite with the staff and Stuart. The

special technical session on Internet names and numbers will be

held after lunch, from 1 pm to 2 pm.

   We hope to see you here. Please give me a call or an email to let
   me know if you plan to attend. (Also, please be sure you've
   pre-registered for the ICANN Meetings...for security reasons we're
   requiring all attendees, including members of the press, to
   register in advance.)

Thank you for your attention. Hope to see you on the 11th. Don't

hesitate to call if you have any questions.

Contact:

     ICANN
     Mary Hewitt, 310/301-5801
     hewitt@icann.org