[ga] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] Re: Update: ICANN backs down on leaflet restrictions

Danny and all,

  Well stated Danny!  And of course quite correct as well.  It is
a disturbing pattern of behavior from the ICANN BoD, with
two possible exceptions, Karl and Andy, and the ICANN staff.
I believe in some more polite parlance's this type of behavior
pattern is referred to as recalcitrant.

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Andrew McLaughlin writes:
>
> "Question:  Why didn't anyone from the ACLU bother to contact ICANN to see
> what the rules were?"
>
> One of the problems is that you keep changing the rules.  New.net asked to
> become a sponsor of the  General Assembly session.  The General Assembly
> welcomed their interest in sponsorship.  But all of a sudden, ICANN staff
> changes the posted rules in midstream and declares them unfit to be a sponsor
> (even though they have sponsored prior events).
>
> Although none of us were astonished by this episode (we seem to be getting
> used to staff actions that arbitrarily injure particular categories of
> entities), we had hoped to see a higher degree of professionalism from ICANN
> staff.
>
> -- Danny Younger

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827