RE: [ga] Mr. Qaddafi Salutes Verisign

ICANN is a US entity and restricted by US law but attempting to develop
international agreements, without government intervention.  To me this a
good thing.  It is an initiative from the US that extends out to the
international community.  If the international community wants more, they
need to provide the infrastructure and means to do so.

I'm not a fan of the US, but in this regard, at least I recognise they are
trying to do right.  It is up to us outside of the US to pick up the ball
and run with it.

What we are talking about is not a right but a something to be earned.

The recent activity on the GA list does not make me inclined to believe we
as a group have earned anything as yet.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.