Re: [ga] Mr. Qaddafi Salutes Verisign - US shuts down Somalia internet

Joanna and all assembly members,

  Thank you Joanna for passing this along.

  It is our members opinion that these sort of actions should have been
taken some time ago.  We requested it and suggested this sort of action
be taken against any country that sponsers terrorism outwardly such
as Somalia, Iraq, Lybia, ect...  It would seem that ICANN
should have taken some action or recommended to the DOC/NTIA
this sort of action.  However they failed to do so.

  What is also interesting in this article it that it seems AT&T
was providing Somalia's abilities for these two Internet companies.
Perhaps Marilyn Cade and the BC were reluctant to come out
in front long before now on this concern?

Joanna Lane wrote:

> Subject: BBC News  AFRICA  US shuts down Somalia internet
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/newsid_1672000/1672220.stm
>
> US shuts down Somalia internet.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827