[ga] Errata -- Consensus & Names Council Task Forces

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001 17:16:25 +1100, Patrick Corliss wrote:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc08/msg03038.html
Subject: Consensus & Names Council Task Forces

> In fact, I would question the validity of the entire Names Council "Task
> Force" structure.  Could you confirm, for example, that there are seven
> task forces and that you are the GA representative on three of them?
>
> Please also note that I have been only been able to identify a Terms of
> Reference in three out of seven instances.  The Task Forces seem to be
> as follows:
>
> NC New Structure Task Force = Joop Teernstra
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-str/Arc00/
> TOR http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-str/Arc00/msg00012.html

<snip>

My apologies to David Farrar who, rather than Joop Teernstra, seems to be
the GA representative on the NC Structure Task Force.  I would appreciate
anyone's further clarification on these issues.

As far as Danny's point about "consensus" I would draw your attention to
Philip Sheppard's email posted on the NC Review Task Force as follows:

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-review/Arc01/msg00000.html

This says, and I quote:

"Consensus.  Lead Milton
Recommend to the NC a practical definition of consensus for the purposes
of NC consultation activities.  Milton had earlier thoughts on this
suggesting that we should drop the word consensus and just suggest certain
majority or super majority rules for DNSO groups.  This seems like a good
way
forward.  Milton - please advise progress or post to the virtual workroom."

I know Danny is aware of the developments since then.  However, as far as
I am aware, the result of this deliberation has not been put to a GA vote.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss