[ga] Names Council Task Forces

Hi Joanna

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:12:11 +0100, Philip Sheppard wrote to the Names Council
mailing list saying:

> Joanna,
> Marilyn Cade, chair of the NC task force on transfers, has passed on to me
> as NC Chair,  a request from Danny Younger for your participation in the
> task force as a representative of the registrant community but not as a
> representative of the GA.
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc06/msg00423.html

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 12:55:51 -0400, you replied saying, in part:

> To summarize, the task force would greatly benefit from having a
> representative available who is dedicated to the impact on registrants,
> with an established, if not exclusive, interest in individuals.
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc06/msg00427.html

Thank you for your reply to Philip Sheppard's posting to the Names Council
mailing list.  A couple of questions occur to me which, in the spirit or
openness and transparency, you might wish to assist me with.

(1)    Does your response mean that you have accepted a position on the
Transfer Task Force as a representative of the registrant community?

(2)    Would you agree that this would suggest that there is no representative
of the GA mailing list?  If so, do you consider this appropriate in the light
of your Best Practices methodology?  Or is that not applicable in this case?

(3)    How is it that you have secured posting rights to the Names Council
mailing list?  I thought membership was tightly controlled.   Or is it that
all task force members have been given these privileges?

Thank you in advance for your kind reply.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss