Re: [ALSC-Forum] Re: [ga] Top Three Issues

Why are seats to be appointed by the board at all? It
seems that the proposed 1 seat for gTLDs should be at
least 2 and maybe 3 since this is where the public
focuses its position. Specifically the independent
domain owners are in the tens of millions and should
be better represented. Unless I have may facts mixed
up!

peace

--- Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >  In short, you bear a certain responsibility for
> the structural
> > reconsiderations that are now being envisiged.
> >
> > But please understand that we don't hold this
> against you, as the right to
> > self-organization is paramount and well respected
> by members of this Assembly.
>
>   Hummm?  This comment seems to be a stark departure
> of just yesterday
> in your comments towards INEGroup.  Why is that
> Danny?
>

> > Similarly, be clear about this point:  the bulk of
> the members in the General
> > Assembly will become the members of the At-Large
> as soon as it is
> > constituted.  While the ccSO will have a solitary
> Board seat, the At-Large
> > will have a substantially greater degree of
> representation, and it will
> > choose to support those that have shown an
> affinity for the positions
> > represented by its loyalists in the GA.
> >
> > You have stated, "Please separate issues of
> importance to the GA of the DNSO
> > from those of the @LM".  At this point in time, I
> no longer believe that such
> > separation is possible.  This ICANN is an evolving
> organization wherein
> > admittedly structures may change, but the
> participants will not.  The
> > participants in the GA will become the
> participants in the At-Large, and we
> > will assuredly remember those that gave the GA
> short shrift and those that
> > respected the need for full and proper
> representation in the ICANN process.
> >
> > We have respected the contributions and
> participation of the ccTLDs within
> > this Assembly, and many of us would like to see
> their efforts come to
> > fruition.  So please understand that when we focus
> on the details at the
> > origin of this experiment, we similarly act based
> on self-organizing
> > motivations.
> >
> > We choose to focus on the promises made by Esther
> Dyson that we expect to be
> > upheld.  Putting it within a context that should
> be familiar to you, if IANA
> > were to break its promises and commitments
> regarding redelegations that were
> > made in good faith a few years ago, and suddenly
> embark on a course of action
> > to deny your members their participatory rights,
> you at the very least would
> > take umbrage if not offense at such action.
> >
> > We have similar sensibilities.
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Danny younger
> >

> > --
> > This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org
> list.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Jeffrey A. Williams
> Spokesman for INEGroup - (Over 121k
> members/stakeholdes strong!)
> CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA
> Development Eng.
> E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
> Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827

=====
Daryl Tempesta
HotDot.com
288 Civic Center Dr