Re: [ga] consensus

Eric,

The point I was trying to make is that one cannot state categorically that
there are and will not not be errors in tranfsers that cause a domain to be
lost to the registrant.  Therefore, there is a necessity to protect the
registrant if it should occur.

William can argue that it has not happened and I can argue that it has
until we are both blue in the face.  However neither one of us can
guarantee it one way or the other, so take steps to allow for the error and
correct it.  No system is perfect.  There is always human error (garbage
in, garbage out) and equipment or communications failure.  If those
contingencies are not covered, there is no protection for the registrant
and the registrar can simply say "tough" as they have done.

Leah