[ga] Re: Open Letter to Mr Jeff Neuman from The Internet Challenge

Dear Vint

Thank you for your response.

Whatever the reasons for these large lists registered just for a sole
applicant...

At the very least... may we insist that ICANN should take ANY measures
necessary to ensure that we do not get a repeat of these abuses of Registrar
privilege in the .info Landrush 2 in a few weeks' time.

To allow this to happen yet again would leave ICANN open to considerable
criticism, and be a betrayal of consumers.

It is imperative that ICANN constructs guarantees that Registrars will not
be able to benefit single individuals or themselves.

If necessary, ICANN must re-write the Registry/Registrar Agreement, and make
breach of the system an offence which will result in loss of accreditation.

It should be simply spelt out : the consumer MUST be protected, and every
consumer has the right to the same chances in these domain releases.

Once again, thanks for taking the trouble to answer.

Richard