Re: [ga] Policy development / eliminating Task Forces

Thomas and all assembly members,

  I understood Danny very well.  I am sorry to see that you obviously
did not Thomas.  That's unfortunate.  So I will try again to help
clarify for you so you can hopefully understand what Danny and many
others have already said regarding TF vs WG's.

  WG's are open to any and all that are willing to participate.
  TF's as you seem to be suggesting are closed to only those
  that meet some unknown and undefined criterion as "Best
  People", as Jamie suggested.

  I personally have not problem with TF's if the members that
are on these TF's are elected by those that they represent, AND
that are also open to any and all that wish to participate.  The
distinction between my idea of a TF vs a WG is minimal.  However
your suggestion Thomas as to the difference is gratuitous.  As such,
therefore, TF's have a greater chance of not representing the
broad desires, positions, or ideas of the stakeholders that the
"Selected" or "Elected" TF representatives may put forward.
History in the DNSO in particular have shown this too many times
now...

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> On 2002-04-04 11:58:43 -0500, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
>
> >The TF concept is an abomination and an insult to the General
> >Assembly... It only serves to deny us our right to participate in
> >an open working group environment.  F**K the TF.
>
> And do what instead?  A workable solution, please.
>
> --
> Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827