Re: [ga] Public Statement to the Boards of Afilias, Neulevel, ICANN and the Subcommittee for Telecommunications and the Internet

Joanna and all assembly members,

Joanna Lane wrote:

> [...]

  Ok fine.  But the problem with your notion is that it is in violation
of the Registrar contract, the MoU and the White Paper.  The DNS
is a public resource.  My tax dollars in part paid for it's creation
and development.  As a public resource any TLD must be open
to any an all interested parties or the general public to register
a domain name within any TLD name space.  Therefor, any
registrar or registry, must except any potential registrant that
has interest in using that registrar or registry to register a Domain
Name in that TLD name space if such a potential registration meets
the registration rules or requirements for that TLD name space,
if there are any restrictions in such a TLD name space.  And those
restrictions cannot include WHOM or What Person may register
said domain name in any TLD Name space.

> - How is the round robin method of allocating names fair when half the
> Registrars represent only six people?
>
> (cc. list deleted)
>
> Regards,
> Joanna

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827