Re: [ga] policy-making options

Kent and all assembly members,

Kent Crispin wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 09:50:03PM -0700, William X Walsh wrote:
> > Monday, Monday, April 08, 2002, 9:25:44 PM, Kent Crispin wrote:

> > > This is simply not true.  One of the most disturbing characteristics of
> > > open WGs is that the obnoxious participants drive off people who might
> > > otherwise participate.
> >
> > Workgroup C didn't have this problem, and if any subject was going to
> > do that, its the new gTLD subject.
>
> An occasional exception would not invalidate the general observation.

  And then there was WG-D as well...  Seemed to work out pretty well
even though the conclusions reached were basically ignored by the ICANN
BoD...  WG-Review was also quite successful by in large as well...

> And in any case, many would claime that WG-C most certainly did have
> that problem.  I certainly know several interested parties who didn't
> participate.

  They didn't participate for what reasons???  And if they didn't, is
that the fault of the WG structure or the fault of those that didn't
participate themselves.  I would have to say the latter...

> --
> Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be
> Technical Support Manager, ICANN            lonesome."
> crispin@icann.org,kent@songbird.com                    -- Mark Twain

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827