Re: [ga] pull the plug/ I don't think so!

Eric and all assembly members,

eric@hi-tek.com wrote:

> Very nice analysis TR.  Danny that was a little bit of your personal
> frustration showing.

  Yes Danny's frustration is showing badly.  But none of us should
be surprised or disapproving of such.  Danny expresses in
perhaps more demonstrative terms what many of us feel, see,
and hear/read with ICANN...

> Is the system broke or are the people who run it morally bankrupt?

  Bankrupt, no, morally diminished, yes.  But really it is more
of a clue and ego problem than a moral one...

> What ever system we develop will be at the hands of those we elect to
> handle it.

  It shouldn't JUST be in the hands of those that we elect.  Rather it
must be in our shared hands...

> The Catholic church stands on the highest principles but those who run
> it often fall afoul of good conduct.

  A gross understatement.  And one that I fail to see as related.  ????

> We must meet the criteria of engineers yet we deal in human complexity
> and failure.

  Good point.  But we must not let failure mandate or dictate.  We
must quickly yet thoughtfully correct failures, while at the same time
move forward in other areas.  Chewing gum and walking is a prerequisite.

> Let us take a deep breath and when people like Esther, Phillip and
> Marylin admit to some fault of their own system, let us take pause and
> bring them within ranks and develop, not condemn.

  Yes take a deep breath, and than fire them or give them once chance
to correct those failures.

> Failure from the top and frustration from the bottom are reaching a
> mutual reality that can help all of us.

  It can, true.  Failure at the top usually leads to replacement of those
at the top.

> In our sameness we find a ground that will help us build a foundation.
> We can all find satisfaction in trying and in sharing our mutual desires
> for a common consensus of a better Internet.

  Indeed true.  But we cannot reach a common consensus when the
same leaders making the same mistakes over and over again and than
denying to themselves such mistakes...

> We are so young let us grow together, we have forever to perfect what we
> do.

  Indeed!  And lo, as a wade through the valley of ICANN e-mail I shall
remain optimistic and fear no evil, for my keyboard and knowledge
base shall comfort me...  Amen!

> Sincerely,
> LEM
> Eric

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827