[ga] Re: Open Letter to Mr Jeff Neuman from The Internet Challenge

Dear Jeff and Vint -

Further evidence of .biz abuse of rules:

I've just finished analysing the 562 names registered through the Registrar
iHoldings d.b.a. Dot Registrar

Of these 562 names, 455 are registered for DomainCollection.com and on their
WHOIS details for each domain it says: "THIS DOMAIN IS FOR SALE"

I ask you to take a look at these registrations to see if the intent exists
to sell these names on, in violation of the Registry rules.

Examples of these names (which you can look up) are:

120 registered under the name Cambridge, for DomainCollection.com, such as
ergonomic.biz

98 registered under the name Highlands, for DomainCollection.com, such as
erie.biz

72 registered under the name Coventry, for DomainCollection.com, such as
examination.biz

165 registered under the name Newcastle or International Newcastle, for
DomainCollection.com, such as eselect.biz or faxing.biz

Sample WHOIS lookup:

http://www.whois.biz/whois/servlet/WhoisServlet?WHOIS_QUERY=faxing.biz&TYPE=
DOMAIN&Search=Submit+Query

Thank you for your continuing assistance, Jeff.
Vint, I really hope you will at some stage soon let the public know what
ICANN proposes to do to prevent a repeat of some of the registrar
"exclusive" lists in the forthcoming .info Landrush 2.

In the case of DomainCollection.com (above) I do not know whether the
possible violation of Registry rules has taken place at Registrar level or
Registrant level.

Richard Henderson