[ga] Re: Open Letter to Mr Jeff Neuman from The Internet Challenge

Dear Jeff and Vint (and all)

This is a copy of an email sent to ItsYourDomain.com this afternoon. Perhaps
you could find out the relevant information, Jeff. Surely it can't be right
for a Registrar to be accredited for the 2B process simply to submit ONE
name? First of all, I would seek clarification that this did, indeed, take
place.

"Please could you assist me. I am a member of the ICANN AtLarge group and I
am investigating the applications made by all Registrars in the .biz Group
2B names release.

I believe that ItsYourDomain.com only obtained ONE registration (compared to
an average of 600 per Registrar) and I'd appreciate it if you could explain
(a) whether you had an online application process for the general public to
apply for .biz Group 2B; and (b) whether you did indeed only submit ONE
application, which was for John Ferneborg (execsearch.biz)?

Thank you for your assistance.

Richard Henderson"

Is ICANN satisfied to have constructed a system which appears to offer
special opportunities (effectively queue-jumping) to a privileged few, while
excluding members from the public from parts of the process. Is this fair
and equitable? Is this in line with ICANN's mandate to ensure the fair
distribution of domain names?

Richard