[ga] Re: [GTLD Registries List] Re: Open Letter to Mr Jeff Neuman from The Internet Challenge

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson@ntlworld.com>

> When you extend this to other Registrars who seem to have been exploiting
> their privileges at the expense of others, it's a matter of serious concern,
> which I feel should lead to a review of the process (given that this is all
> "proof of concept") but also I feel that the process should be reviewed IN
> ADVANCE of .info Landrush 2, otherwise we're back to square 1, with a
> repetition of the same problems.

It appears that the I* society is once again repeating the same problems from the IAHC fiasco.
It is ironic that last time around, .BIZ was completely blocked from being considered.

Fortunately, this time around, for .BIZ and other TLDs, there are two Proof-of-Concept
Registries helping to develop the *.BIZ name space, where * stands for Second-Level-Domain.
The potential problems were predicted long ago, and people knew that the I* society would
not listen or change its approach. To combat that, the notion of Proof-of-Concept was agreed
to by the U.S. Government, in order to at least give the valid *.BIZ owners a chance to
make some progress, and not be penalized by the I* society's absurd approaches to growing
the namespaces.

The serious *.BIZ owners can now work together to build a real registry, with 128-bit DNS
services and ensure that the integrity of the *.BIZ namespace is given high priority. The *.BIZ
owners can help to select the vendor or vendors to run the 128-bit DNS .BIZ registry, and they
can then evolve their registrations to that registry. Hopefully, the .BIZ owners will be able
to select a vendor or vendors with the integrity they desire to support their namespace.

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
0:212     BIZ

--
JF