Re: [ga] Bulk Whois Data Issue

Danny and all assembly members,

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Joanna writes:
>
> << What the WHOIS Committee and the GA thinks is irrelevant. >>
>
> Actually, nothing could be further from the truth.  This issue was turned
> over to the DNSO on January 22nd by the ICANN Board for resolution.  Please
> note "ICANN Board Referral of Bulk Whois Issue to DNSO"  posted at
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc09/msg00061.html
>
> Neither the DNSO generally, or the WHOIS Committee specifically (to whom this
> job was redelegated) has done anything so far to address the issue... and
> that makes it a problem that should concern the GA.

  I must agree with Danny here.  The ICANN BoD has yet to address
this issue in any tangible way to date.  Yes, there was a WHOIS survey
which provided some data/input for the BoD to consider.  But no
determination has yet been made.

  Be all this as it may, in my mind anyway such issues that effect stakeholders
directly such as this one, should be put to a vote by any and all of
the participating stakeholders/users.  However again, as the ICANN
BoD and staff have seen fit to disband the At-Large, and the current
DNSO GA Chair has refused to issue a ballot, even though one has been
requested on this issue some time ago now, such a vote to determine
real or actual consensus on this issue is not available.  Hence yet another
of a growing list of specific DNSO and stakeholder/user directly
related issues cannot be determined in a policy formation, and damage
of various sorts shall continue upon those same stakeholders/users
as a result.  We [INEGroup] find this to be paramount to incompetence
on the part of the ICANN BoD and staff...

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827