Re: [ga] Auerbach vs. ICANN update

Sandy and all assembly members,

  Sandy, I believe that your question is the same one Karl
and others have been asking for some time now.  Karl has
just decided to make it more official by filing the legal action
because he feels and can demonstrate in a court of law,
that he as a BOD member has been denied the full
financial records.

Sandy Harris wrote:

> Can someone please tell me exactly what ICANN
> management are protecting here? What parts of
> ICANN financial records are confidential and
> why?
>
> I can understand ICANN having some obligation to
> keep some records confidential. For example, I
> don't think they should put the personnel files
> on the web site.
>
> I cannot see, however, why parts of the financial
> records of an "open and transparent" "bottom-up"
> "public benefit" organisation should be hidden.
> Perhaps I'm missing some important point. If so,
> could someone please explain it to me?
>
> Please treat this as purely a request for factual
> information.
>
> Of course some would argue that current ICANN
> management are part of a nasty conspiracy and the
> issue is whether they can get away with concealing
> evidence. Others might claim Karl is a whacko with
> an agenda, out to disrupt ICANN when he should be
> supporting it. I could produce plausible arguments
> for either position.
>
> However, I'm asking for "just the facts" here. What
> ICANN financial records are confidential and why?

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827