DNSO GA - A need for a vehicle of change to:Re: [ga] Motion asking for GA poll on rebid of ICANN contract

Eric and all assembly members,

  We are not in the third day of this motion.  So far my count is that
12 GA members have supported/seconded Jamies motion.  Very
little debate on Jamies motion has taken place.  As Joanna and I
indicated, there is little need for debate on Jamies motion as it it
pretty straight forward.

  You are quite right here Eric that Thomas as chair is acting as a gate
keeper of a type.  That is not bad, but can be abused.  It seems fairly
obvious that our Chair is abusing his position so as to appear as
a dictator of sorts.  This is not productive or conducive to getting
the work of the GA members accomplished.  Hence a vehicle
for change such as Jamies motion is being squelched.  It has been
obvious for some time that change in the DNSO GA as well as all
of the DNSO is needed.  Two weeks ago Karl A. commented briefly
on this very point.  It is past time for such change in the DNSO as it
is in all of ICANN.

  But let us GA members not be dissuaded from our purpose, and
continue to try to move forward with actual work via motions and
resolutions as well as discussions and debates so as to serve as
many vehicles for change and progress...

eric@hi-tek.com wrote:

> This is a perfect example of when lack of process leads to dictatorship.
>
> First:  Mr. Love is a member and has no requirement to care what TR thinks.
>
> Second: TR is a duly elected chair and has all the requirement to care what
> Mr. Love thinks. But he openly states that he does not care what members
> think.
> Third: in that there is no procedure, votes and motions only occur when one
> man wants them to occur. TR
> fourth:  Apathy in the early stages.
> Combine 1,2,3 and 4 above and you have dictatorship.
>
> (it is kind of cool to actually watch how dictators come to power, I have
> never been a part of such a process)
>
> Sincerely,
> Eric
>
> Thomas Roessler wrote:
>
> > On 2002-05-02 17:54:06 -0400, James Love wrote:
> >
> > >It will give the GA members a voice.  I don't care what your
> > >personal views are on the merits of the proposal I would like
> > >voted on.
> >
> > Likewise, I don't care what your personal views are on what the GA
> > should vote on.
> >
> > That said, could we please return to dialogue mode, and try to get a
> > motion onto the table which would enable the GA to make a
> > _constructive_ contribution?  If you want help and suggestions for
> > this, please refer to my original reply to your motion.  If you
> > don't want that help, that's your problem.
> >
> > --
> > Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/
> > --

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827