Re: [ga] Rights and responsibilities - Funding problems

Danny and all assembly members,

  Excellent suggestion here Danny.  However unless I am mistaken,
the ICANN BoD and staff view the DNSO as a supporting organization
as a source of additional funding.  I would also gander a guess that
because the ICANN BOD and staff do not have a specific consulting
contract with the DNSO or any of it's members/participants that
collecting on such an invoice would the problematic at best...

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Philip,
>
> You have asked for a solution to solve the DNSO's current budget problems.
> Many organizations and individuals have been compensated by ICANN for their
> services:
>
> the Darwin Group (consulting)  -- $216,000
> Jones, Day, Reavis and Pogue (legal services) -- $637,863
> USC (tech services) -- $207,564
> Alexander Ogilvy (public affairs) -- $302,557
> Andrew McLaughlin (consulting) -- $97,900
>
> data from:  http://www.icann.org/financials/tax/us/99form990-scha-1.htm
>
> The DNSO also provides valuable services to ICANN.  Go ahead and send them an
> invoice for consulting fees.  Since we aren't "members" of ICANN, we have a
> right to request compensation for services rendered, and ICANN has the
> responsibility to pay those that provide it with services.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827