[ga] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] Proposal to share $$$ from WLS

Jamie and all assembly members,

  In essence I would tend to agree with your recommendations.
However I think some detail is necessary in order to address
a few of them with specifics.  (See below each for further detail)

James Love wrote:

> *If* the WLS goes forward, ICANN should require

  This is or should be a big *IF*.  The WLS proposal as it now
stands should be voted upon by any and all stakeholders/users
up or down before proceeding.  I and one other person, I don't
recall as to whom mentioned this in today's conference call for the
TR TF on WLS and Delete issues..

> 1.  separate accounting of the revenue.

  I don't think this can really be done without accruing additional
accounting costs and I am sure that Verisign would rightly object
to it.  I do believe it would be a good idea though, and I shall
bring it up with our members this evening...

> 2.  Require that most of the revenue be put into a fund for good works.

  This needs to be defined with much more granularity as to what, and
whom are those "Good Works".

> 3.  Allow people to apply for the money.

  Again here some specific detail as to how and what are the criterion
needs to be defined...

> 4.  Have the domain owners vote on who gets the money, like Working Assets
> does.

  This is a VERY good idea here!  I certainly would support this as I would
bet our members would as well!

> Jamie

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827