Re: [ga] WLS call follow-up

Gary and all assembly members,

Gary Osbourne wrote:

> At 08:40 AM 22/05/02 -0400, Dan Steinberg wrote:
> >Interesting numbers.  But given that you figure the remains add up to
> >maybe 10% and the original claim worked out to 17.5% we are not talking
> >much of a difference. 10% -17/5% is not a big spread. The large numbers
> >are still the 40% which belongs to the Verisign registrar.  No matter
> >how it's sliced, Verisign  Registry can technically claim market share
> >support in the registrar business for their WLS proposal.
>
> So, *because* ICANN has to date largely failed at
> fostering competition for Veri$ign, that is given
> as a rationale for why ICANN should OK a proposal
> that further lessens competition for Veri$ign? -g

  Yeah, kind of a oxymoron isn't it...  But than again
when a good portion of your funds ( ICANN's Funds )
come from one competitor in the market place
it is kinda hard to turn them down, isn't it?
Ah yes, the free market system at work.  How
lovely...  God bless America!

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827