[ga] New face of the DNSO

Title: Help
Jamie Love: "This is the "reform" committee recommendation... ICANN board picks the chair of the new GNSO, and the GNSO steering committee includes "an appropriate number of other members selected by the ICANN Nominating Committee."  The head of the GA will be chaired by the ICANN board selected chair of the GNSO.   GNSO selects zero ICANN board members.
What is the verdict of those who voted for Motion 2?"

Richard H: Jamie, as I have said before, I believe an overwhelming majority of GA voters wanted Motion 1 primarily, and voted for Motion 2 only as a fall-back motion if all else failed.

Isn't it absolutely obvious that ICANN is constructing a top-down organisation which allows zero real bottom-up decision making. All power is basically being centralised around a self-perpetuating Board and its nominating committee of carefully selected supporters.

The case for a Re-Bid becomes more and more persuasive.

The message from the Board is: "You may participate, but we're going to put our own people in charge. Above all, we refuse to be democratically accountable."

Ordinary Internet Users are being marginalised out of the process, and Denise Michel's initiative is just an exercise in containment.

You ask "What is our verdict on Motion 2?"

I reply: Motion 2 just gives ICANN more time to consolidate its power. Motion 1 gets to the heart of what really needs to happen, if this corrupt and unresponsive policy process is to be re-directed or rejected altogether.

Richard Henderson