[ga] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] ISOC to bid on .org

Don and all,

Don Heath wrote:

> At 07:58 PM 6/3/02 -0400, Milton Mueller wrote:
> >At any rate, Given ISOC's status as a quasi-commercial
> >trade association, I would think it could not stand on its own
> >in this competition; it would need support from other
> >organizations. Let's see what happens.
>
> Sorry.  We're not at all a "quasi-commercial trade association."  ISOC is a
> 501c3 non profit international organization and has a long record of
> anything but a commercial trade organization.  But then, I suspect you
> really do know that.

  Good point Don.  However one has to wonder why the ISOC
would be partnering up with Afilias in the .ORG bid submission?
Is not Afilias or at least a number of it's current senior management
long time members of the ISOC?

> Don

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827