Re: [ga] i just sent the following to south africa

Tuesday, June 11, 2002, 4:15:09 AM, Joop Teernstra wrote:

> You want to spin this as a matter of personal dislike-- I don't. I say that
> either the software coder is unprincipled and the rogue foolish or things
> are not what they seem.

Yet more paranoia.

> If a sensible altroot operator  was in need of registry software, would he
> ever contract with someone whom he knew as an opponent of the very idea?

In most situations they would not have any idea of the stands of the
developers.

And I am not opposed to alt.roots, I am opposed to the concept that
existing in an alt.root should confer any protection in the real root.

I think they have a perfect right to operate dns in their own
networks, as they see fit.  They can manage their own namespace. It
has no relevance at all to the ICANN/standard namespace in use on the
rest of the internet, however.

So there is a vast difference, and your characterization is blatantly
false.  I do not oppose them, I do not oppose their right to operate
or exist.  I oppose efforts by some in their ranks trying to assert
rights to TLD strings in THIS namespace simply because they manage
them in their private namespace.

So even IF the opinions of the developers mattered one iota (which
they don't) your presentation of them was incorrect, and way off
point.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>