Re: [ga] WLS proposal

Monday, June 17, 2002, 4:44:17 PM, Rick Wesson wrote:

> George,

>> Conclusion: the Status Quo works great! Don't worry, be happy!

> an issue that concerns some is that your statement seems to read:

>   " I making money, so please don't screw up my nice little market nitch"

> Its not working for everyone and that is what we are attempting to fix in
> a fair and equitable manor, fail to realize that and you are marginalized.

Let's say we concede that the current system isn't "fair" (I disagree,
but let's go with that premise anyway).

What would be more fair than first come first served?

A random system certainly isn't fair, nor is it likely to stand up to
legal scrutiny unless it is ENTIRELY without cost to losing parties,
and if that is the case, you are actually creating much more UNFAIR
system since people will abuse it for multiple entries.

Everyone moans and groans about how first come first served is not
fair, but nothing I have seen proposed is any more fair at all.

WLS CERTAINLY isn't.  Neither are any of the lottery schemes.

So how would you do it in a matter that is MORE fair than FCFS, Rick?

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>