Re: [ga] Registrars and ICANN Budget Approval

Monday, June 24, 2002, 10:57:58 AM, DannyYounger@cs.com <DannyYounger@cs.com> wrote:
Dcc> The following was just posted to the registrars list:
Dcc> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/registrars/Arc01/msg02625.html

Dcc>     Dear fellow ICANN accredited registrars:
Dcc>     On behalf of the VeriSign Registrar (formerly known as the Network
Dcc> Solutions Registrar), NameSecure, SRSPlus, and NameEngine, the registrars of
Dcc> VeriSign believe that it is unwise at this time to react to the proposal to
Dcc> increase ICANN spending in 2002/2003 by 25% or more.  Such spending
Dcc> increases may - or may not - be necessary and justified, but we do not see
Dcc> how anyone could reach that conclusion at this point in time.  Consequently,
Dcc> we think that basic and sound planning requires that ICANN's proposed budget
Dcc> (fiscal year July 1, 2002 to June 30, 2003), remain at the same levels as
Dcc> the current budget (fiscal year July 1, 2001 to June 30, 2002), until such
Dcc> time as ICANN completes its current structural review.
[SNIP]
Dcc>     Respectfully,
Dcc>     Bruce Beckwith
Dcc>     on behalf of the VeriSign Registrars

However, if ICANN approves the WLS deal for us . . . .
(just thinking out loud about the possibility of part II . . .)

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
donbrown_l@inetconcepts.net         http://www.inetconcepts.net
PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
----