Re: [ga] Mr. Qaddafi Salutes Verisign - US shuts down Somalia internet

WXW and all assembly members,

William X Walsh wrote:

> Friday, Friday, November 23, 2001, 4:33:51 PM, Joanna Lane wrote:
>
> > Subject: BBC News  AFRICA  US shuts down Somalia internet
>
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/newsid_1672000/1672220.stm
>
> > US shuts down Somalia internet.
>
> Let's get it right.
>
> The US and its allies froze the assets of companies which have been
> funnelling money to terrorist organizations and cells, and 2 of those
> companies were involved in telecommunications/internet services in
> Somalia, and find themselves unable to operate as a result.

  Yeah, and that is effectively shutting them down.  Also telecom
services have been cut off entirely.

> One thing that is a reality in any kind of war, innocents, guilty of
> nothing but fate, will be inconvenienced, hurt, even killed.

  How true.  But if they don't support such a situation in their
country they should rise up and put and end to it.

>  You do
> everything you can to minimize that, but there are times when the
> effects of not taking an action are graver than the side effects of
> that action.

  Yes and this is long past due in this instance.

> I'm sure that, in the long run, the country will benefit from the
> opportunity now available for organizations/companies who are not tied
> to terrorism related organizations or activities to come in and setup
> non-corrupt services and infrastructure.

  Not likely in the near term.  Until or unless this country's politics
and association change dramatically no one with any common sense
will bother dealing with them.  If they do, then the US armed services
shall be the next step a la Afghanistan.  And when my boys are finished
there not only be a shut down, there will be no telecom of internet
infrastructure in existence.  It shall be destroyed.

> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>
> --
> Webcertificates.info
> SSL Certificates for resellers from $49ea

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827