[ga] Internet is for everyone - even Martians!

http://rfc3271.x42.com/

Internet is for everyone - except NCDNHC, Open Roots, New.net,
non-contracting ccTLDs ... ?

Dear Vint,
why not to say that "everynet" is for everyone, including the Internet [the
word you coined for the legacy], ccNet, .eunet, newnet, govnet
(gov/mil/edu/us), ITU/T Telephone, TV, Radio, ISSN, WIPO, etc.. so everyone
may develop in good concertation and in peace ... and promote new solutions?

as you note it the challenge is important, actually I think it is more than
what you think, but let try to phrase it slighly differently. Let say that
the International datanetwork "hardware" system is to support in the 20
years to come the integration of different large "software" applications to
support the need of the "brainware" (what the people's brain do) and of the
computerware (what the people's computers do).
Each of these applications, like the virtual private distributed computer
system, automation, e-money, authentification, localisation, music,
telemedecine, etc. will probably be far larger than the web today. Calling
for new protocols and certainly for a new network architecture.

Our challenge is to sort it out ; routing, protocols, applications, market
researches, look and feel, education and training, laws,
value-added/extended services and products, behaviours, financing, people's
and govs adhésion etc.. and technical transition. When we see IPv6
compelxity, the task ahead is not simple. So why to complexify it at the
begining of the road over the DNS and the ICANN ?
jfc

PS. I would understand that you want to retain "Internet" as a name for the
whole world system value added layer, then let not confuse it with the
LegacyNet management. Kill the ICANN and rebuild it as LegaCANN for the
Legacy management and as a technical secretariat for the International
consensus shared (not served, not controled) with the ITU/T, along with
Harald's business plan.

---