[ga] Concerning the upcoming "rebid" vote

  • To: "ga@DNSO.org" <ga@dnso.org>
  • Subject: [ga] Concerning the upcoming "rebid" vote
  • From: "William S. Lovell" <wsl@cerebalaw.com>
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 08:29:32 -0700
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

"democratic, transparent, and respects human rights."

"a non-corrupt, democratic way."

Are those descriptions of ICANN?  I ask not by way of what the
MOU says, but rather by way of the actual performance of ICANN
over the years. If you think ICANN has abided by the MOU and the
Green and White Papers, etc., you should probably oppose a rebid;
if you think ICANN has not, and has failed in its obligations, you
should favor one.

The quotations above are from solemn and serious commentary
on what would be hoped to be characteristic features of the
impending new State of Palestine.  Now if the Israeli - Palestinian
conflict that has been going on for decades can be resolved into
that kind of solution, surely we who live in the virtual world of the
Internet should demand nothing less.

Bill Lovell