Re: [ga] Domain names as observed (was Tucows Response to Cochet tiTransfer Letter)

Darryl (AKA Dessa) and all assembly members,

  Indeed?  Well I provided this as one EXAMPLE of reference.
Nothing more should be derived from it other than that.  Also
I did add that a number of other references have been posted
to this forum (GA List) on many occasions, along with relevant case
law.  As such, although amongst a number of participants there is
indeed a "Murky attitude" does seem to remain, that is mainly because
there has been a number of misconceptions and misinformation being
spread like SPAM and FUD by some or our participants.  As such
confusion amongst some on this forum prevails.  Yet should they choose
to do some serious research on their own, I would bet that much of
this "Murkyness" would subside.  I have done and will continue to
do my part to elieviate these misconceptions and thwart misinformation
practices being displayed here.  I applaud Eric, Sotiris, Joanna
and Bill recently in doing the same.  I hope that you will join us
in this endeavor as well.  >;)

Dassa wrote:

> |> http://www.newsbytes.com/news/01/167543.html
>
> Was recently touted as a source to support the claim domain names are a
> form of property and have associated rights.
>
> Unfortunately, it is doubtful if the original writer of the post to the GA
> read the article as it clearly supports the case that domain names are NOT
> property.
>
> As with most things legal, it is a murky field, we must be guided by
> precedents and all I have seen indicate domain names are not property.
> Until such time domain names are given the status of property in the
> courts, any arguments in this forum are unproductive.
>
> Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827