Re: [ga] .info whois is open - another ICANN BoD and staff fiasco/mess

Russ and all assembly members,

  Thank you for bringing this to the attention again of the assembly members.
As you know there was quite a bit of disagreement, debate and discussion
some time ago regarding the agreements in question regarding these
very concerns as you mention in the article you provided at:
http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/info/registry- agmt-appj-11may01.htm.

  It is and has been obvious that the ICANN BoD and staff either ignored
or overlooked these discussion by in large and dictated the terms of the
terribly flawed agreement/contract for registries it is "Accrediting".
This forum at that time, and it still seems likely, was and is not not
considered
nor at the time 04-05/01 regarding these discussions, suggestions, and debates
regarding the above mentioned agreements.  As such now the stakeholders
are yet again faced with a huge mess and potential legal morass in cleaning
up this huge mistake that the ICANN BoD and staff dictated upon the
stakeholder community.

admin wrote:

> It looks like most of the good .info domains are already gone.  A
> combination of the .info loophole
> http://www.domainsillustrated.com/knowledge/articles/010801.asp, mistaken
> registrations where users signed up for Sunrise in error, and outright
> fraud.  All kinds of generic trademarks are listed for Albania and Bahrain.
>
> Blow is a letter I just sent to du Pont about science.info.
>
> See for yourself at http://www.afilias.info
>
> Russ Smith
> http://TheNic.com
>
> ==
>
>  Dear Ms. Galbrith:
>
> This message is to follow-up the telephone message.
>
> I am the director of Consumer.net and the owner the Science.net.  I am
> contacting you concerning your registration of the domain name SCIENCE.info
> which was registered during the Sunrise Period for trademark holders.
>
> In the application you submitted the trademark number is "0" and the date of
> trademark is "0200-01-03."  This information is clearly invalid.  I also
> searched the www.USPTO.gov trademark database and I was unable to find a
> trademark for "SCIENCE" registered to the du Pont Company.
>
> Please identify the trademark used to register SCIENCE.info during the .info
> Sunrise period.
>
> Thank You,
>
> Russ Smith
>
> ====
>
> You searched for:
> "science.info"
>
> Domain Name:  SCIENCE.INFO
> Created On:  2001-AUG-02 18:22:06.0 UTC
> Expiration Date:  2006-AUG-02 18:22:06.0 UTC
> Trademark Name:  SCIENCE
> Trademark Date:  0200-01-03
> Trademark Country:  US
> Trademark Number:  00000000
> Sponsoring Registrar:  5035-CD
> Registrant ID:  C109666-LRMS
> Registrant Name:  Karen Galbraith
> Registrant Organization:  E I du Pont de Nemours and Company
> Registrant Street1:  Barley Mill Road, Suite P40-202a
> Registrant Street2:
> Registrant Street3:
> Registrant City:  Wilmington
> Registrant State/Province:  Delaware
> Registrant Postal Code:  19808
> Registrant Country:  US
> Registrant Phone:  +1.3029922941
> Registrant Fax:
> Registrant Email:  karen.y.galbrith@usa.dupont.com
> Admin ID:  C109667-LRMS
> Admin Name:  Karen Galbraith
> Admin Organization:  DUPONT DOW ELASTOMERS L.L.C.
> Admin Street1:  Barley Mill Road, Suite P40-202a
> Admin Street2:
> Admin Street3:
> Admin City:  New York
> Admin State/Province:
> Admin Postal Code:  19808
> Admin Country:  US
> Admin Phone:  +1.3029922941
> Admin Email:  karen.y.galbrith@usa.dupont.com
> Billing ID:  C109667-LRMS
> Billing Name:  Karen Galbraith
> Billing Organization:  DUPONT DOW ELASTOMERS L.L.C.
> Billing Street1:  Barley Mill Road, Suite P40-202a
> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827