GA Chair election mechanism - Was: [ga] Review Task Force List ...

Joanna,

>A resounding apology. The first part of this message was intended ...

No need to apologize - it was a misunderstanding.

If we are mostly in agreement, maybe it is time to define a common position
that I can present to the Task Force.

The position shall include, IMHO:
- the statement that the GA should elect its Chair;
- provide the rationale for it (self-governance, for instance);
- observe that the GA currently elects other officials (like representatives
to Task Forces, for instance) without any intervention of the NC, and the
whole thing works well;
- provide evidence of the previous positions of the GA (and other bodies,
like WGs).

Please be aware that the last point is less than trivial: as there may be no
time to vote, I should provide evidence that I do have mandate from the GA
to express this position. I would appreciate your contribution in providing
urls for the WG consensus calls and other messages you may think are
relevant (private mail are good enough if you don't want to "waste a post").

Best regards
Roberto