Re: [ga] Re: Consensus... Definition?

Danny and all assembly members,

  Of course the ICANN BoD's and staff's intent is to use "Consensus" or at least
their moving target as to what "Consensus" is as a diversionary tactic!  My
heavens,
many of us here, as Roeland rightly indicated in his post on this thread
indicated,
have known this for over 2+ yrs now Danny!  I am surprised that you are just
now coming around to understanding this.  As Chair, I find this recent
revelation of yours here to be terribly and tragically surprising...

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Perhaps Sotiris is right...
>
> How many times have we discussed the topic of consensus already?  Every time
> that we have serious issues on our plate... the need to restructure ICANN
> into a more representative body, the need to deal with registrar transfer
> policies that are holding domain owners hostage, the need to address problems
> with the SRS... on each such occasion, our Names Council representatives and
> some others prefer to talk instead about "consensus".   To paraphrase a
> frequent contributor to this list, "This is a rathole."  We are being
> victimized by diversionary tactics.
>
> Rather than allowing the Review WG to continue its work and "officially"
> settle the issue, our Council decided to terminate the WG and convene a Task
> Force to determine "a practical definition" of consensus.  The ball is in
> their court now.  Let them do their own work (as they were perfectly willing
> to terminate our work in this area).  If you must continue conversations on
> this topic, why not send your comments to the Chair of the Review Task Force?
>    His email address is philip.sheppard@aim.be
>
> Maybe one day he'll actually open up his "web-based forum" and allow you all
> to participate.  In the meantime, as long as there are those with the power
> to thwart your declarations of consensus, you will have accomplished nothing
> with all your sophistry.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827